Summer has melted into fall and Halloween is right around the corner. Although autumn is not my most favorite season, I can definitely appreciate the beautiful splendor of the season, cozy sweaters, and knee boots. With this transition, I am starting a new series about the things I am learning-reading-loving each week. Things that have made my life easier, more enriched, and enjoyable.
Here are my five favorites this week.
Let’s dive in!
- Fall Decor – It’s officially-officially fall now. Time to bring out, update, and create that cozy autumnal feel in your home. Pumpkins. Pillows. Throws. Oh my! Since, I’m not much of the fall traditionalist in terms of the season’s color story, I avoid the in your face orange in my decor. The orange in this ‘Thankful’ Lumbar Throw Pillow is more my style and I absolutely love that it can be used beyond this season. This gray ‘family’ throw pillow and gold Grateful Hearts velvet pillow are also very nice. Since I am in the middle of purging in preparation for our move, I have to be very selective. Now if there was no move on the horizon, this Persian Medallion Shag Rug would be at the top of my shopping list.
- This article on Data Security – Along with the advent of the internet and social media came the increase in the importance of protecting our personal information. Some tactics are more obvious than others. This makes it critical that we keep our eyes open and do what we can to prevent a catastrophic breach of our personal data. After reading this article about Facebook, Facebook Isn’t Sorry – It Just Wants Your Data, my side eye has intensified.
- This article on Teen Bullies – My mini-me is a teenager. Although she is not on Instagram at this point, she wants to be. I have decided to be intentional with her social media presence. I have also been schooling her on perverts, trolls, social media thugs and fronters. Even with all of that, it may be inevitable that she will face some social media bullying. I read this article, Teens Are Being Bullied ‘Constantly’ on Instagram, and I was kinda aghast at the reality of teenage bullying via Instagram. I also learned about the mechanisms IG has in place to combat bullying. If you have teenagers, how are you handling their social media life?
- Cozy Sweaters – It makes my heart sing to pull out my cold weather clothing. Granted, I abhor midwest winters, I love sweaters, turtlenecks, and boots. #teamfall
- Anticipation of “Falling Back” – Daylight Savings Time ends Sunday, November 4th.
I hope you make an amazing weekend!